- A drama, or play, is a passage that tells a story using the lines characters say to each other.
These are the elements or parts of a drama:
- Cast of characters: a list of characters that appear in a play; appears near the beginning of the play
- Stage setting: the description of the time and place of the play and what the characters are doing as the scene begins
- Dialogue: the lines that the characters say to each other to move the plot along
Stage directions: the words that appear in parentheses throughout the play and tell the characters how to act
- Scene/Act: a small part of a play in which all actions happen in one place and at one time