- A plot is the events that happen in a story. The author puts different events in an order based on the plot.
A plot is made of different parts and events. Understanding a character and what he or she does is easier when we understand the plot and its different parts.
Here are the parts of a story's plot:
- Exposition: the part of the plot that gives background information about the character
- Rising action: the events that happen at the beginning, before the turning point
- Conflict/problem: the problem that is faced by a character or characters
- Climax/turning point: the part of the plot in which the events get the most exciting
- Resolution: the final part of the plot in which the problem is solved
- Falling action/Denouement: the final part of the plot which takes place after the climax