- Compare and Contrast Literature
- The reader can compare and contrast passages from different time periods. Analyzing the similarities and differences of in the way authors show a historical time, place, or a character gives the reader a broader understanding of history.
When comparing and contrasting texts, think about the following:
- How are the settings similar or different?
- How are the characters similar or different?
- Are there common events in the passages?
- Do the passages show a common theme?
- Do the passages address the same topic?